Hello P.S. 144 Families!
Some reminders and food for thought for the extended holiday weekend:
• Year-end Potluck and Typhoon Haiyan Relief.
Our next general membership meeting will be December 18, beginning at 6:30 PM. I invite you all to bring one of your favorite dishes or soft drinks for a night of dinner and conversation, accompanied by raffles and activities in support of aid efforts in the Philippines. I welcome your proposals for worthy organizations: we will vote to determine where our funds will go.
• General Year-end Appeal.
I want to thank all of you who have purchased pies, coupon books, labels, and all sorts of materials that have contributed to our efforts this year. We are already reaping the benefits with wonderful arts and science programs for our children. Our goals are lofty: to raise enough money to not only replicate this year's programming but to support music and science enrichment for all grades. Some families have expressed an interest in making a direct donation, and we have made it possible to do so via Paypal at http://www.pa144.com/online.html, along with more traditional donations by check to the P.A. of P.S. 144. We are a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and are more than happy to work with your employer's matching gifts program. I've started with my own donation of $144, just in time for the end of the tax year. Let me know if you have any questions at all: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SCRIP. We are again offering gift cards for sale, each giving a percentage back to our school. This is a great program not only for gifts, but for your everyday spending, from groceries to gas. You will be receiving an order form in your child's folder. Order forms will be collected December 2, 9, and 16, and orders will be completed within the week. If you sign up for Scrip's PrestoPay service, you can even print out your gift cards or refill past cards on demand!
• Camp and Activty Fair and Online Auction: The P.A. is sponsoring a camp fair at our January meeting (January 15 at 6:30 PM). If your children attend a class or summer program they love, let us know! Contact me or Sandra Tharas (email@example.com) if you have a business in mind.
A few more dates to remember:
• December 6: the last day to send in your Penny Harvest funds. The first grade is leading the way in collections!
• December 11-12: Scholastic Book Fair
• December 18: PA General Meeting
• December 23-January 1: Winter Break (School Resumes January 2)
Thank you as always for your support of our school!
Warmest wishes for a happy holiday to you and your families. All the best,
The Parents’ Association of P.S. 144