September 21, 2014
Hello P.S. 144 Families!
I hope this beautiful weekend finds you well.
- Meetings. Thanks to all of you who came out to support your P.A. at last Monday's meeting. We are hoping to draw many more of you out to join us in our discussions. Our next general meeting is Monday evening, October 20 at 6:30 pm: a short business meeting followed by Middle School Night. However, we also encourage you to come to our Executive Board Meeting, October 6 at 8:15 AM in the cafeteria. While only board members (officers and committee chairs) can vote, all are welcome to contribute to our discussions and help work out plans for upcoming events and fundraisers. This is a great way to get involved! Please join us if you can.
- Yard Sale. We are excited to be running our yard sale once again. All are welcome to shop (free admission), and selling is just $30 for a great space. There's plenty of room for the kids to play while you clean out your closets (or showcase your business)! You can also help by posting flyers in your apartment buildings and favorite shops. Flyers are available in the main office or click here to download the registration form. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Enrichment Programs. We voted at our meeting to support a wealth of in-school arts & science (or STEAM (http://stemtosteam.org ) enrichment programs at the school this year. We have a budget of $115,000 which includes supporting supplies and technology for our classrooms and bringing in enrichment specialists to work alongside our teachers to discover everything from alternative energy to exercising creativity on the stage. Learn more about what we plan to offer here...
- The F-word: Fundraising. You will be hearing more from us in the next month about how you can help support our programs: we are hoping to raise funds from our wider community so we don't come back to your pockets every time! However, your direct contributions will allow us to sustain these programs and create more community events like our Science Fest and dances. The average is $144 per child: if you can afford to contribute any amount, you can do so securely via PayPal at http://www.pa144.com/online.html . Your contribution is tax deductible! Contact your company to see if they will match your donation and double your efforts.
There are also ways to support our programs while shopping, without extra cost to you:
- Amazon Smile contributes a percentage of every purchase to our school if you shop through this link: Click here....
- Shoparoo turns your shopping receipts into money for our school. All you need to do is submit photos of receipts through their app. Sign up here....
- Collect Box Tops from qualifying products (Click here...) and send them in to school (in an envelope or baggie labelled with your child's name and class). If everyone sends in at least 25 Box Tops this year, we will earn $2,000.
Order your Spirit Wear online from SSA Stores: Click here to order... Each purchase supports the school!
Thank you for reading, and thank you always for your support. We're looking forward to an amazing year!
Rosanne & Sandra
Sandra Tharas email@example.com
Rosanne Gangi-Gaertner firstname.lastname@example.org