AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
The after school program is run
by the PA. This program provides students with a
fun, safe and supervised environment after school hours.
Classes are enriching and entertaining and are all taught by
P.A. of P.S. 144
First of all thank you to everyone who provided us with feedback by filling out our questionnaire. Your opinion is very important to us and we have been able to make some adjustments to the program based on your feedback. However, please understand that we were not able to incorporate all of ideas and suggestions.
Here a brief overview of the changes:
1. In response to your request for more choices, we will be offering one additional enrichment class per day (grades vary). Those enrichment classes are meant for children who are interested in learning a specific skill and are addressed to kids who can hold their attention for a long day.
Class sizes will be limited and therefore costs will be a little higher. We advise you to enquire more information before signing your child up.
2. Homework help time is being restructured into Transition Period. This will be a time where children can have a snack (please bring one), and do quiet table activities like coloring or card games. We will provide a quiet zone and opportunity for your child to do homework as well.
3. Based on your feedback, we will NOT be extending class hours. Pickup will continue to be at 4:50pm.
In order to save resources (paper) we have a full description of all classes as well as the registration form BELOW:
Here the highlight of classes
OUR NEW ENRICHMENT CLASSES (Smaller Class Sizes, More Skills, Higher Costs)
· STOP MOTION ANIMATIONS (2-5) on Monday
· SPANISH GARDENING CLASS (1-2 on Tuesday, 3-5 on Wednesday)
· COMIC BOOK WRITING (2-5 on Thursday , K-1 on Friday)
AFTERSCHOOL CLASSES (We kept your child’s favorites and added some new ones)
· Athletics with Mr Bruno/Marino (K) on Monday and Thursday
· Lego Master Builders with Ms Romano (1-2) on Monday
· Ceramics & Woodworking with Ms Marino (3-5) on Monday
· Performing Arts (Drama, Music, Movement/Dance) with Ms Devine (K) on Tuesday
· Arts with Ms Montequiza (1-2) on Tuesday
· Yoga with Ms Diamond (3-5) on Tuesday
· Storytime & Arts & Crafts with Ms Krug (K) on Wednesday
· Net-Sports with Mr Lazarus (1-2) on Wednesday
· Math & Strategy with Ms Schneider (3-5) on Wednesday
· Math & Strategy with Ms Schneider (1-2) on Thursday
· Lego with Mr Lynn (3-5 on Thursday, K on Friday)
· Chess & Games Club with Mr. Lazarus (1-2) on Friday
· Softball (3-5) on with Mr Bruno on Friday
If you would like a printed copy, please come to the main office or contact Mr Marino to get a copy home in your child’s folder.
All registration forms are due by Friday, January 25, 2013. Parents will receive a written confirmation by Monday, February 8, 2013.
Classes will begin on Wednesday, February 20th.
We hope you and your children will be enjoying our Spring/Summer Program.
Sandra Tharas, Parent Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org or 347 583 7407
Rick Marino, After School Coordinator (Phone 646-256-3538)
Note: The PS 144 After School Program is provided by the Parents Association of P.S. 144 in conjunction with the Department of Education.